Saturday, January 3, 2009

First ride of the year 2009! xD

First ride in 2009, First time I've rode such a long distance, even when I was riding bicycles I didn't ride such a long distance like today.. xD

And hell stood up for most of the day... zzz

The ride itinerary is approximately this --> http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=2466237

Woke up, prepared, grabbed a bread and went out of the house.. Took bus 143 to some petrol station at West Coast, standing up, and pumped air there.. Adjusted the meter to 500+ kPa [which Shaun later said is crazy] and pumped, after that it shows "erl" I have no idea what it means, I just took out, screw in the tiny cap and tried the uni out.. Quite nice, and then walked towards opposite the West Coast Recreation Centre's bus stop and waited for 197.

Bus came, single deck. Stood up all the way. At SGH there was an old woman with a relative I suppose, board the bus, nobody cared to give her seat even though it was very obvious she had lots of difficulty and pain walking. Then in front of me, this old guy, looks much older than her, gave his seat to her! Wah zai man, I must say. xD He later got another seat la, but at least alleviate the pain of the woman..

Was trying to remember the route the bus took, as my plan was to alight at the bus stop at Tanjong Katong nearest to the big splash, on the map it looked quite easy to walk to. I overshot the bus stop and alighted at Amber Rd bus stop. Waked over to Tanjong Katong Rd and saw a huge flyover into the expressway and NO BRIDGE. I was like D: cox I'm already late... zz

Walked towards the west and found a sign, it shows a underpass and an arrow pointing to it. Kanchiongness set in and uni towards there, it was some distance, there was a second underpass-with-arrow sign along the way...

Crossed over the underpass and walked really fast towards the meeting point. Asked a random cyclist to confirm big splash's approximate direction, ok in right direction.

Nearing big splash, Shaun called me to ask where I was and I said I can see 7eleven, that's when he said he saw me and I went there, saw like 6 unicycles and 1 bicycle. lol. Somebody brought his bike.. Anyways, was perspiring even before the ride started, and since there's 2 more people LATER than me, bought a drink from 7eleven and refreshed myself. The 2nd latest guy, Cek, came in awhile and we're introduced by Shaun. lol so paiseh I was holding some coins when he held out his hand to shake. Quickly kept them [but dropped some D:] and shaked his hand.. lol

At noon, [our meeting time was 11am] finally got in contact with the latest guy and decided to meet him at Fort Rd there.

Rode there, then rode to the bus stop at Fort Rd. Along the way saw 3 cyclists, we're like giving way to each other lol, "you go first, no you" lol. In the end let them go first ox I was taking forever to mount. The late guy, Dave, said he'll ride down to the bus stop.. After waiting for some time, he finally appeared.. Rode to the junction of Fort Rd and the expressway and climbed over some not-very-restricting barrier to some extension of East Coast Park. At the end of the road, they went into the sand and mud.. D:

Add 1st offroad experience on a unicycle to the top. :D

Walked for the 1st 30% of the route, tried to mount but it was quite hard, and the sand and mud all got into my brand new tyres and also all the others' tyres.. D: At some ditch which was like 40cm deep in the centre and looks like a V from the side, this guy who was previously from NP unicycling [still in NP, year 3] cox he year 3 so they sort of "step down" but no people to get the helm [me haven't join, timing very bad D:] so the club was dissolved.

Anyways, he tried to go across, when he saw the ditch he was like "wahlaoooooooo", and he was able to get down but unable to get up D:

But still, he better than me lol..

Oh yes, fyi, the offroad route was off road because its actually a construction area. D: Lorries and people working..

At a point where there were V shaped deep drains stacked together [they're not put in yet] mounted but din ride, saw a lorry in the distance, the 3 of us had to "endure" the some 10-20 seconds of dust it kicked up. D: Our front [faces, shirt, pants etc] are coated with a layer of fine dust... D:

Rode on [ which was quite hell already] and finally we stopped, near the barrage. We rode into the breakwater near the barrage and as Cek said, there was a helipad there. The cross was blackened off as its unsused.. Took a group photo there.

Then went over to the barrage and took pics, the security guard guarding the boat lift thingy was dozing LOL, supposedly enjoying the aircon lol..

Had to push the uni/bi cycles over the barrage as is the rule lol.. But we went via the VERY unconventional route, through construction areas [which was beside the golf course] and reached Marina Barrage via the other side of the bridge.

On the bridge took somemore pics again.. Then didn't explore the marina barrage D:

Rode along marina south, the steamboat places, superbowl, arcade and the eating places are all gone.. D:

At some junction, wanted to stop, but I stopped, the uni with loads of inertia kept on going and I fell on my butt with 2 hands D: My right hand is now in pain, I think most of the impact went to it.. D:

Kailun damn zai, went down the kerb, rode across the road, jumped up onto the pavement, continued riding.. lols

We're starving already, so when Kailun spotted a pau steaming machine in the contstruction site, we got off and asked if we can buy things from it, heng the guard allow [the sign outside says "Illegal workers will be prosecuted" D:]

Refreshed ourselves, I had one pau and 2 cans of lemon barley.

Then rode on, at some junction, saw the same 3 cyclists LOL, they took the other, more legal, way towards the barrage I suppose, crossed the road and said "Hi" to them as well.. Then rode towards the one raffles quay and coller quay, then across the esplanade bridge, along the way, alot people looking with curious stares, especially kids lols..
Rode to esplanade and crossed the road, the NP senior tried to go down a flight of 3 steps of stairs. Failed miserably, he front flipped and fell on his back, uni on him.. D:

Damn he too fast, I not enough time to take out camera.. D: lol

Rode to Marina Square de Carl's Jr. washed our hands and face at the toilets before ordering our food. Had lunch at approximately 3.40pm lol

My NP senior had to go first, he got a cab and rushed off..

At 4+, Shaun, Cek and the guy with the bicycle [ps idk the name D:] went first, towards Ang Moh Kio, on uni.. lol

The 5 of us left rode towards the mrt station. At the underpass, saw a juggler which Kailun and some others know, went over to say hi, wah the jugglers are pro! xD Like damn fun, and practises hand eye coordination. xD

Rode to the MRT station, where I went off first while the others went to Bugis.

Trained home, stood all the way as usual, and took bus 143 home, yes stood again.

The bath I had just now was the best! xD Din feel like sleeping anymore..

Pictures wil be when I get back my laptop... zzz

No comments: