Sunday, July 20, 2008

Uni-ing at TPY and JE-Lakeside.

Went to JE interchange to meet up with Shaun. MRT-ed down to Toa Payoh.. Had a quick breakfast before proceeding to Toa Payoh Stadium.. Theres a tri-lympics event there and the goal for the event is to run/cycle/walk a collective of 40000km, which is once around the world.

Met another unicyclist there, her name is JiaHui.. Both Shaun and Jiahui had 29" wheels, mine is 24".

To get a "personalised certificate" we must cycle 50 rounds around the stadium track, which is 20km.. I was having problems trying to move and mounting is also difficult.. So by the time they had 28 rounds, I rode only 4. -.-
But, after they finished 50 rounds, i caught up, sort of, I rode 11 rounds, which is like for every 5 rounds they rode, I rode one.. lol

AND ON MY 7TH ROUND, I REACHED MY GOAL OF THE DAY!!! I RODE ONE ROUND NON-STOP!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOTSSSS!!!!!!!!!

There were JSS ppl there and I suppose they recognise me too.. Ms. Chua approached me and talked to me.. lol
She said there were like 2 other teachers who came to the event, one Mr. Ser who i suppose is a new teacher cox i never heard that name before, and Ms. Ong, my history teacher...

The JSS ppl were like running, there were also some other schools such as JJC and Anglican High. There was like a school challenge going on... 

Shaun and me let some SMU students tried on the unicycle.. Theres a girl who is "a natural" as Shaun said, cox she's relatively less tense and more "fluent" i would say in unicycling, with our support, that is.. 

The guys who tried were dam tense la... Like scared they would fall off.. But I attribute it to natural reaction... haha

MRT-ed back to JE where Shaun bought a ppc and we cycled to a petrol station at JE and pumped air, I bought Soya drink..

Uni-ed to Lakeside, where Shaun had to go and I cycled awhile more before bus-ing home..


Din take alot of pics [only one] cox lazy and no mood and i dunno wad..


After my goal was reached, I was like riding for 200m and dropped that kind cox legs started to cramp up or smth..   I think this is the fight of the body and the mind.. My 400m was due to i think, my mind overcoming my body's tiredness and chionged all the way...
Then the 200m and drop is i think due to the mind giving way for the body... lol..


Sweated alot, tired but shiok..


No comments: