Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Textbooks and Memories


Today went to Swiss Cottage Sec with my younger brother to get some free textbooks for my siblings..

MRT to Bukit Gombak, then walk all the way there on an empty stomach D:, reached at 9am, when the doors open... -.-"

There were about 70 something people in front of us at least... But only 2 classrooms each with secondary and primary school textbooks respectively.. Some random Swiss Cottage students queued in front of us "for fun" as can be interpreted from their loud conversation.. Suaning here and there, and because there are book on racks along the queue, rummaging them [along with me and many other parents hoping to "strike gold"]

My younger brother was queueing while me rummaging through all the books.. Saw O level chem and phy 25 year series!!! I so miss the physics 25 year series I had lol...  Saw some very old syllabus de primary school textbooks.. People of or near my age, remember PETS textbook?

P1-Squirrel
P2-Mouse
P3-Tortoise
P4-Rabbit
P5-Bird
P6-Monkey

Remember??? lol

So nostalgic luh... [at least to me]

Some razor tv reporters were around interviewing people.. 

Oya, saw my pri sch tcher [Mdm Loh] with her daughter in the same batch as mine going in to get some free textbooks..  

Normal (Technical) textbooks are hard to get by... I suppose either the people before us took them all or there just wasn't enough people donating Normal (Technical) textbooks.. -.-"

My bro din even need to whip out any plastic bags, all just stuff in his bag, that's how little our loot were.. =/

Express/NA peeps can even get to choose the quality of book in tt 10 min, I just grab wadeva I see fit..

After that, walked back to the MRT station there de McD to have our much deserved breakfast.. Both of us had Hotcakes w Sausage... Ahh filling.. xD [But of course, with 6 margarine and 2 tubs of syrup, who wouldn't be? xp]

Chionged to school, 1 hour+ late for MAEC extra lesson... D:  Listened abit... 

Then was seeing Alvin having his brunch, his economical rice was fast come fast go sia... Its like, he left the table [behind me] then in a moment come back beside me with a full plate of rice with loads of dishes on it... Then another moment and the plate is clean..  xD

Went library to find Wax, as usual he's at level 5.. D<  As usual he koped a room.. lol..
We sort of asked him to come out and get a free seat around, but the library was rather full.. Then found this part where theres 3 adjacent seats, wah jackpot! Grabbed the seats and prepared our "workstation"

Ulric came later to jio Wax go into a study room to study, just as Wax finished packing, Ulric came to say that the room is taken back by their rightful owners.. D: They then left finding another place..

Eventually, both Alvin and my laptops were on the top, small "shelf" with our textbooks as base, so that we can write easier on the table.. Studied 3 chapters of macroecons with loads of slack in between.. D:

Then during my toilet break, went to find some photoshop books, wah cheeeeeem sio.. D: Must learn sia.. Haiiz...

Left library at 8pm.. Reach west coast area at 9pm, thanks to bus delays etc.. D: But it took us 27 min to: 

Order food
Eat our noodles
Chit chat abit
Walk to west coast de sony shop
Buy my earphone

Like time goes so slow then and so fast now vice versa.. lol

Perception Perception Perception




Anyways, shall go slack now.. xp 

                  -Flying Brain








People, not to advertise Daniel Seah's blog but I truly think the 2 latest posts are super great!

-Autobiography
-Wake


And the quote of the day: [quoted from his blog]

"To remember one has to forget; To forget one has to remember."


No comments: