Thursday, September 4, 2008

SBS

Actually the title of the post is largely influenced by what just happened to me.. So I'll talk about it later...

Today went to work at 1pm. Almost missed the bus stop because the bus driver did not notice it is a bus stop as it had no shelter.. -.-"   
Anyways, 1st thing to do was take some newspapers and display to let some guests to take and read. I think it is for show and to collect dust..

Then from 1.10pm to near 4pm was steaming. Well, steaming of chair covers la! [What were you thinking??]  Very tedious, very troublesome, very scalding.. lol  Sometimes the steam condenses into hot water and scalds my hands.. Some more there's like 500+ seats for the event. After steaming, we went to clear up one of the stores, I think it is to get us something to do and make us useful lol..

Found out there's a store in B2, the carpark.  Took out black chair covers to the back of the ballroom. Seems there's a rather formal event on friday.
Then it was rotting in one of the stores. Then AoXiang, Xian Shi and I went to banquet office to book slots for next week. As expected, there are people from TRM waiting to get their photos taken. Apparently for staff passes for F1 event, as the area is restricted to staff or people with F1 tickets.  Saw Xuanyi, Qilong and their classmates. 

The cocktail reception saw 6 guys holding trays of soft drinks. Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Orange and Soda water/warm water on request. Finally know how those girls experienced during the cocktail receptions before wedding dinners and the like. Seriously arm can get numb etc.. 

After the event, was chair moving time.. Moving chairs allows us to go near the banquet office and see if there is anyone there. Met some TR03 girls, then weiwei and her friends and some other people. xD

Dinner was alright, quite filling..  But all was used up by moving extensions.. Can't believe no one can carry extensions alone if you count out the light extensions. Miserable indeed. Even I can't carry.. ):

After turning over and packing up some extra items, we knocked off at 9pm. The voucher says 9.30pm for all of us. 8(.5) hours of work.. Quite alright for today, at least can talk to some of my course and groupmates for TRM camp..

Anyways, went to the bus stop with AoXiang and another colleague to wait for bus. My bus 97 came after 10min of waiting, my handphone says 9.30pm and I flagged. Only to see it whizz past me like nothing had happened. The stupid bus driver could not see a hand out?! Somemore my hand so looonng lol.. No shelter doesn't mean its not a bus stop ok.. Si Bei Stupid.

In the end, took 70m to the esplanade bus stop as it had a shelter.. -.-
Waited for ages, and my sudden spoiling of my bluetooth music player did not help. Stood up rotting.. Then Gary called to confirm some things we're gonna do tomorrow. As i was about to end the call, a bus without the sign on the front nor the side appeared, it went past me, and I saw the small number plate at the back "97". I scolded "Fuck" immediately. The time was 10.10pm then. 

At around 10.30pm and 30+ other buses later, I could not wait anymore and smsed Alvin if he could help me find out the time for the next 97 on this bus stop as I forgot the iris number.. He smsed back "arriving, next bus 15min later".  Sure enough, the bus did appear moments later, ending my nightmare of a bus wait and some respite for my aching legs.

The bus wait time for pm off-peak is between 13-23 min. This is a guideline, the interval between the buses should be within it, not ALWAYS exceeding it. Si Bei Sian by this Si Bei Slow buses and these bus "captains", are they educated with the knowledge that bus stops need not have a shelter? Si Bei Stupid sia..    And I'm Si Bei Suay today.

Now you get the drift ba.. xD


No comments: