Friday, September 5, 2008

ちょっと待ってください-Stresemann's tone in Nodame Cantabile.



Today woke up by an sms from Gary. "Eh bro, paiseh but today i no want go gym le."  I was half awake then and thought "ok lo..."  smsed him and drifted to sleep. Little did I know I would get more than I wanted....

Went to meet him at around 1.45pm as I dragged the time.. He had to go Bedok Camp to get his power risers - The props he used in NDP which costs $300+ - home, and he doesn't need to pay for them.. so good..

Reached Jurong East and bought waffle for lunch.. Sad that girl who always gives extra extra filling wasn't in charge of the waffle counter. ):  Finished it and went to the platform. Saw Jovell there waiting for her friend, talked to her abit and then recieved an sms from Kira. "Look opposite of ur seat..."

Looked up into the next bench and saw him with headphones smiling and me and waving.. I was thinking "wah so coincidence!" haha  Also chatted with him until the train arrived.. Said byes and stood all the way to Bedok. Luckily had Straits Times to entertain me while on the train.

Reached Tanah Merah and took bus 14 to the camp. Actually, we had to walk in quite a distance. On the way, saw some private properties. One of the bungalows stood out as it has like 4 storeys and a rooftop with a small pavilion on it. I think it is used to hold bbq parties and the like... 

Rotted outside while waiting for him to come out triumphantly with the power risers. Then as butler-of-the-day had to help him carry.. -.-
Carrying this Large [yes there are small, medium and large sizes] power riser is a test of endurance and navigation.. Or so he said.

I must have looked damn stupid. Walking through citylink mall and marina square holding this with my both arms out. Its like doing cocktail recption for both hands, just more heavier.. D:
Weaved though the crowds of citylink mall and marina square with Gary as the buffer many times for the long legs of the power riser. We reached pasta de waraku and he returned his uniform to his employer of 2 days. He quitted his job as he found one which pays much less, actually pays for his transport and meals only, and one which he is interested in - hairdressing - he wants to intern in his friend's friend's shop for experience so as to gain a better chance to appeal into the course in ITE next year..

After that, he carried it till the end of marina square before passing it back to me. I then carried it all the way to dhoby ghaut, where we had lunch/dinner at Long John Silver's. Finished with the food and proceeded to the lan shop we played at.

Battlefield 2 was the first game and it was exciting, just that my ears have some problem listening I guess...  D:   Then also wasn't alert to the surroundings whether there's any enemy.. But overall, killed more than I knew I could thanks to Gary's leadership skills.. haha   xD
Samtaro joined us later and we also had fun playing.

Next is Starcraft: Brood Wars. 3 vs 1 .. Samtaro and I were zerg and Gary protoss.. The enemy is terran. Found out a bug! haha I rushed with zerglings and killed the SCVs, and one of them was building a building so I killed it while it is building halfway. It seems after that the computer stopped progressing as it did not have he intelligence to tell another SCV to continue building. We realised it only after we progressed by ALOT.
So Samtaro suggested we play another round. This time it was much more fun as they were not "stuck".. Had to help Gary during one of their "invasions" though, used my flying units to kill them off as they were ill-prepared with anti-air.. Won the battle as expected via our rush..

Next was a game, ricochet. Never played before, but almost got hooked until I realised it was quite late. Gary kept saying "ちょっと待ってください" [chotto matte kudasai] in Stresemann's tone in Nodame Cantabile. All these waiting accumulated and
in no time it was 11.33pm. I was like wtf and had to go home straight. Heng his mother allowed to help us pay for the taxi fare
, if not I'll be dead by the time I get home if via train and bus. D:

Sad forgot to take the picture of me miserably carrying the power risers.. And I will return half of tonight's fare asap! xD

No comments: