Thursday, October 16, 2008

Suay or Luck? D:


Today [15 Oct] woke up, washed up, and went to Clementi to meet Yanbin, one of my colleagues  while working at Paddock Club, for lunch. We MRT-ed down to Chinatown, walked to Hong Lim Food Centre, and tried out the food featured in ieatishootipost foodblog. We tried the Char Kway Teow, and I bought a nyonya zang, a dumpling to fill up my bottomless pit [yes I'm talking about my stomach.. xD] Had sugarcane juice for drinks..

We then walked around Chinatown Point for awhile before heading towards Central, which is at Clarke Quay. LOL, Yanbin didn't know till just now that Clark Quay is soo near Chinatown.. xD
Anyways, reached there and inside theres a.... erm.... performance by some Japanese people on the stage and they are looking for volunteers to "duel" the "samurai".. Then with a few slow and simple strokes of the katana, the samurai was felled [very "painful" death] by a female angmoh tourist who hold the katana like some kitchen knife. D:

Ok thats besides the point, the point is, there are soooo few people there, I dare say half the people watching are curious employees/salespersons looking out from their shops...

We then walked around Central, bored out and so explored the basement, which sells alot of food.. Went into a Japanese minimart, I bought the 铜锣烧 which is the thing Doraemon likes to eat. 5 for I think $6.80.. Then bought a pack of 6 small packets of snacks which has an assortment of 10 stuffs inside, which are damn nice.. Theres a mini seaweed chicken LOL.. It costs $5.90. This $12.70 which I spent are the last money I'm gonna spend on the day....

Anyways, went to the benches to eat the food cox I'm hungry [already] while Yanbin is still full, but sitting down to rest our legs.. The rest was needed, as we found out later... We talked about the days working and other stuffs.. Then decided to go home.. Walked to the MRT station gates there, felt for my wallet, there's no wallet. 

WHAT THERE'S NO WALLET?!

I told Yanbin in an almost too calm tone that I lost my wallet and we then walked very very fast to the benches there.. Theres no wallet there.. Seems it is taken.. Some uncles sitting there said that an ojisan [i shall refer uncles to ojisan from now onwards] has taken the wallet. All they can recall is the guy is 50+ 60s, has a backpack, is chinese and his clothes look dirty..

So with this clues [they can't remember the colour of clothing.. D:], Yanbin and me combed the whole mall, machiam forced to explore Central cox of this. Went back to the benches there a few times.. Too bad there are no security cameras there.. Actually, there doesn't seem to be any security cameras in the mall! I gave my name, contact number to the info counter there, then we search somemore...

After walking for quite awhile, we went back to the benches, where the ojisans are, they advised me to make a police report, cox IC inside.. I can only think of all the things that could happen.. Imagine, loansharks come knocking because of this.. D:

As I brushed these thoughts away, I asked Yanbin to go home, cox it is really quite a long walk already.. So I said byes to her at the MRT gates there then on the way down the MRT station, I saw Huang shifu, whom is one of the chef who teach the hawker in QT, he is in charge of ep 2.. I said Hi to him and he still rmb me lol! Anyways, after that I walked towards Bras Basar McDonald's there, where Gary is.. Then I maybe will make the police report there, I thought.
On the way there, just before I see SMU, an ojisan, who looks like 40+ to 50s, and clothes look dirty, with his hand out, palm wide, with 35 cents on it, asked me: 

“小弟啊,有没有钱可以给我?我刚刚不见钱包。”
EL:"Kid, do you have any money to give me? I just lost my wallet."

HOW FREAKIN' DRAMA IS THIS?! was what went through my mind.

I answered: 

“我也是不见钱包,对不起。”
EL:"I also lost my wallet, sorry" action: takes out an empty pocket.

He said:

“不要给就算了,不用再讲了。” 
EL:"Never mind if you don't want to give, its ok." [With a sarcastic tone and look]

I was lazy to explain cox I knew it is futile. But seriously, freakin' drama. D: After telling Gary and more later on, Zhihao and Alvin, they all agree it is freakin' drama. DD:

Anyways, while walking towards the destination, my younger brother called, telling me my grandpa ask me call back cox he looking for me.. I was huh? cox my grandpa very seldom calls me, so I called back and he asked whether I lost my wallet. I was thinking "Don't tell me the person know my grandpa?" 

Apparently he didn't, my grandpa gave me the person's contact number and I called and this guy says he is from The Treasury. And asked me if I know where it is, I said no and he said it is beside funan, asked me where I am, I said Bras Basar and he asked me to go over to funan there and call back for directions there.. But YAY! MY WALLET IS FOUND!

I looked for Gary, waited for him to finish his double cheese burger and we walked there.. Seems that the place has 4 doors and police officers as what the person told me..
The security guard there told me to check everything inside and there were no notes inside when the person found it. 

It was a caucasian who found it, it was found on the floor near the building.. But the ojisans at central told me it was a Chinese who took the wallert..

Seems that everything is pieced together.. The dishonest ojisan took the money, and then threw it on the floor, then this angmoh found it and gave it to the security guards.. Heng the IC is inside.. But no more cash.. my $100 inside is for my bus pass and pocket money, now it is gone.. D:

Mixed feelings.. Dunno what la.. But at least I was calm when I lost it. Like too calm, doesn't seems like I just lost a wallet.. 

Thanked the security guard and took MRT home. On the way called Yanbin and told her I got back the wallet etc...

Went to Gary's house to help him with his props.. Then at around 8pm went home to bath and have dinner and then went back down again. This time, called Zhihao to come along to help too, cox we seriously needs hands now.. 

Zhihao came about 15 min later and we drew out the blade part of his sword and continued to do some stuffs.. One part where drawing circles is needed, Zhihao used a spoilt de compass to draw a circle in 10 seconds! Gary used a few minutes.. LOL.  Zhihao's art & craft skills are really handy HAHA. I'm sure Gary agrees. xD

Scarly we become permanent prop making slaves of his.. [imagines his evil laughter]

Reached home at midnite, read wednesday's straits times, ate snacks, drank water, and now blogging... xD

Seriously, I'm like lucky/suay to lose a wallet? I have no idea which.. D:

But what I'm sure of is that it is a lesson to be learnt.. 


1 comment:

JW said...

dishonest pple sucks rite?

-jw (just a passer-by)