Saturday, June 21, 2008

Recycle!



See that? Thats the recycling bins near my house... I wonder how many people use them... And how often do the contractor empties them... The problem with recycling i think is the inherent inertia in people.. Laziness to bring this/that down.. Recycling plastics and glass i think is OK, cox they are sort of non-biodegradable.. Paper is biodegradable to some extent... but why would anyone walk downstairs just to put some paper to recycle.. For me, i'd rather wait for the karang guni man to come. Reasons there are a few:

1. He offers some sort of door-to-door service.
2. And we get some money!
3. Saves energy.
4. Builds on the inherent inertia in us! xD

Well, see? I heard that in other GRC they have sort of a station near a market for people to "bring their unwanted clothes/newspapers etc." and they will be "paid per kg of items they gave"  But I later found out that why this isnt that feasible.

1. Needs to bring it down yourself
2. You DO get some money, BUT the rate is much lower than what karang guni men gives you. [I cant remember the exact amount]
3. Uses up some energy, even though people might argue this is a form of exercise...


Well this is just a point of view from me.. :DD


No comments: