Sunday, February 15, 2009

fourteenth of february two thousand and nine.


Studied with Benjamin and Alvin today.

Went makan place to have brunch 1st.. then went to blk 72 lvl 3 to study but dun hav plug.. zz
Luckily, Alvin had contingency plan and we went into Pascal Room in library..

Din really study... -.-"

Talked alot about random stuffs..

At 4+, decided to go off, went home, bathed, changed and set off with father and younger brother for Yio Chu Kang.
Decided to bring ITB textbook because I sense something very bad in terms of revision.

It was a wise move.

I re-founded something. I study easier with music plugged in and alone, no distractions from computer..
And I finished e-commerce and finishing computer crime chapters in a matter of around 1.5hrs during the trips to and fro from JE to YCK.
I wonder how much I absorbed though, although it doesn't matter now.

Along the way at JE saw couples of all races, ages, [insert meaningful adjective] enjoying their valentine's day.

My mum and sis who came from grandma's house was later than us.. And they wasted money..
My mum took bus to tiong bahru and took train to JE then to YCK.. [I was like 'huh?!' when my father told me that]
She could have took the bus in the other direction to Orchard and took a train ride of less than 10 stops to YCK, and much cheaper too...
Dots.

The teochew clan dinner was okok.. Service was so-so, the shark's fin soup I kena 2 tiny fragments of crab shell which I din swallow.. [heng]
Wah this year lucky draw gt 5:1 surround system and LCD TV included sia... But din won anyth.. zz

Food was ok. Had one of my favourite desserts - Yam Paste - and had 2 bowls of it. xD
After the whole event, the waitress in charge of our table gave us a piece of feedback form.
I filled it up.
In the section of [Your favourite dish] I successfully wrote shark's fin in chinese but failed to write the 'steamed' in steamed fish in chinese, which is.... 蒸.

Dammit.

Somebody give me a basic chinese composition or something and let me copy it 5 times over to re-drill the chinese characters I should know into my brain..
I want to remember these as I believe we should preserve these even though english is the preferred language.

Anyway, during the dinner there is this boy who I think is addicted.
Addicted to what you might ask.
He is addicted to his psp. Specifically the game DJ Max.

During the course of the whole dinner [8 course + some bidding/lucky draw/yamseng in btw], his left hand was stuck to this psp with a strap and fingers on buttons and right hand sometimes got away from the psp to get chopsticks and eat some food and immediately the hand went back to the psp.
The hand was away from the psp momentarily to yamseng as well. And it seems he was so engrossed in the game that he spilled his orange punch drink on the table. I guess he wasn't looking at the glass, rather he let the hand find the way to the glass, which was spilled in the end.
His neck was constantly curved, I think I will call it a hunched neck. And his eyes could almost pop out of the sockets onto the psp.


I would say that boy is addicted and his parents do not care anything [or can't control for that matter.] 

I guess he is spoilt. Extremely spoilt. Even his portion of food was put on his plate by his parents.

I mean, even me who was playing psp before the dinner kept it as soon as it started and never played it after that [as my younger brother was using it]



The newspapers today showed in pictures a glimpse of what happened in the burnt out regions in Australia.. A burnt and dead horse, it was very impactful on me... Because all the wildlife, all gone in an instant, effectively cremated if the flames were fierce enough.. That's rather sad. The worser part is, the animals which hid underground will come up to find that their food supply is gone and will die a slow death... D:
And some of them, due to this are forced nearer the brink of extinction. D:
Some of the flying foxes, no actually 2300 of them, died after being saved due to stress.. The people saving them were also very saddened as the animals just slowly died in front of them... D:

Hope Australia gov will do something about it... D:




Tmr shall unicycle around school again. :D


No comments: