Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Need specs.. D:



Damn! I need new specs! Mine keeps slipping off and looks crooked.. D:

On a lighter note, I reached school at 9.30am today for my 9am lesson cox I woke up at 8.15am cox I slept at 4am.. As I thought I was the only late one, Wendy came up from behind me and shocked me alittle.. Can't believe somebody is as late as me! LOL.. Missed out the lecture summary.. D:   And some other classmates are later than me lol.. Zai. xD

Lunch at canteen one was western, ppc and fruits. Had temptation to have chiku, which I did not have for like 6-7 years.. xD Had kiwi fruit instead.. Plus a really crunchy honeydew which is not to my liking, I like the soft ones.. Plus an agar agar..

After lunch went library to rot with Alvin and Wax. Finally watched the last ep in one of my folders of one piece.. EXCITING! lol.. 

ITB tutorial was nothing but Rockman X4 D:     FABM was next, listened abit abit more, cox has some interesting stuffs and some stuffs I noe.. haha.. And also taking turns with Alvin taking pics..

Later, after the lecture, headed to canteen one for food, I had yong tau fu and hum ching peng and water.. Headed to library later to do ITB project with Alvin and Wax, yes 3 of us only.. lol.. Only 3 people grp I guess.. xD

Dozed off.. D:   Played around with iTunes, synchronised music is good, surround sound! xD   Bought some swiss rolls from Marcus for some fund raising event.  Discussed on the various parts for the proposal we have to do.. 

Homed at 8pm and reached at around 8.35pm. Met Choy at the bus stop and chit chatted.. I have no idea how to present again if I was alone.. BComm was okok only luh... D:  Jane was also on the same bus as I was, so talked to her and asked her about her studies... Mass Comm sounds fun and tough at the same time.. Reminds me of the mediacorp days.. and also the worse than shitty pay but better than gold experience along with it..

Reading the Straits Times later on had 2 articles that caught my eye. One is a picture. The caption and description says that the middle part of some SMRT carriages will be pure standing, no seats. Excuse or according to the article, the "reason" is NOT to squeeze in more passengers [so as to increase revenue in the long run and reduce costs of building trains in the long run and in turn increase profits, or so as I interpreted.]   The excuse by SMRT was to "increase the chances of passengers getting into the train." But as one commuter commented, even after the non-peak hours/areas, she still has to stand all the way because there isn't enough seats, and even with more standing space, the situation in cityhall/raffles place areas are still as crowded as those with seats.


The other article is the one in the forum. This person living next to a hdb multi storey carpark, witnessed and took pictures of our cleaners slacking. Apparently, at 2 something pm on that day, the person saw 2 workers going to the top open area of the carpark, turned on the high pressure hoses, and left them on the ground to let the water spread.. They then went to the shelter to chit chat, slack, and even sleep. At 4+ pm, it started raining but the hoses were still running and they didn't bother to turn them off. At 5+ pm, the rain gradually turned softer and they then got up and turned off the hoses and apparently called it a day.
The writer was trying to highlight the rising costs of utilities, whether the conservancy charges they have to pay each month are going to waste like that, and also with the looming recession, the related agency should do more to monitor or check on their workers, the writer also questioned the possibility of it being more prevalent in this island rather than a one off case..

Worrying indeed.. Water Wasters.. D:


No comments: