Sunday, September 6, 2009

Ok, before I forget...


I gotta blog before I forget stuffs...

Friday was 1st day back to work after N days. System changed I know, but I don't know by how much. Had to ask security guard how to get pass the new way. Go up and the uniform collection point was changed too. LOL

Changed, dumped my bag, went to cafeteria to rot.. Then ate.. Then rotted with a cup of water while everyone else around me ate.. Was there too early, but still good la. haha
Saw many long-time-no-see people.. Ok, Jiahui isn't really longtimenosee but yea. xD Then there's Melissa, Jess, Andy, Yuka, James and quite a few which I can't remember right now.. And alot of never seen before people..

Event was Gala dinner for National Cancer Centre.. I was like "woah 1st day come back get such a big event...." 80tables.. Western/Chinese style. And my assigned tables must cross over de.. Saw Mr. Flying Dutchman, who was host. Then Dr. William Tan.. And GOH was President. Quite cool man, he requested the guests not to stand when he enters. xD

Theres this auction item, where they're auctioning paintings for charity. To quote Flying Dutchman, "The other side of the ballroom can participate too!" *cue laughter* Cox at that time only the left side of ballroom bidding, the right side just stoned/eat/drink/ignore.

Then, to try to squeeze out every cent that the guests can give to charity, they first have a metal box for people to put money in. No cash? No problem, we have the machine to let you swipe your credit card. *big wide smile*
No card? Have phone right? Singtel offered them 2 LINES for use that night ONLY for 2 diff things. One for research and another for support of cancer patients' families. Each call is $100 plus 20cents admin charge.

Epic way to squeeze money out man.

Work made me realise how cui my body is. Gotta train! Now aches all over. zz



Saturday was going Army Open House with siblings. It wasn't the plan though. I was suppose to go for some photography competition and I CLEAN FORGOTTEN about it!! So sorry Vivyan!! DDD:
So went AOH... Queued at the queue for combat something ride for an hour plus, then got to ride a bronco. Dust everywhere.. hoho.. Got to fire 2 rounds of SAR-21, and deafened my ears in the process. As if my right ear ain't damaged enough, now my left ear is getting ringing sounds too. DDD:

Went to some aircon part of the area and explore.. Wanted to get into leopard tank but couldn't do so thanks to father wanting us to go back. zz Gotta go back some other time.




I better survive tuesday and wednesday.


Ciao, for now.

No comments: